Mama Bear's Day Nursery and Pre-school is committed to providing the highest standards in nursery provision. We care for children from 3 months to 5 years in our settings across Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Somerset and Devon. If you hold a childcare qualification then we want to hear from you!
We work in small teams to motivate and enthuse our children. This allows us to understand each individual child’s needs and provide outstanding childcare.
Your professional development is important and we will work with you on individual training programmes to achieve nationally accredited qualifications. We believe in giving people the opportunity to progress and are very proud that a number of our Nursery Managers initially joined us as Level 2 or 3 nursery nurses.
We are an equal opportunities employer and being family-focused is very important to us. To find out more, please read Mama Bear's Family Friendly Policy.
Mama Bear's Day Nursery Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are required to share this commitment.
Benefits you get for working at Mama Bear's Day Nursery
• Free uniform – provided with branded polo-shirts and a fleece
• Free lunch when eaten with the children – if you work five days a week that’s a saving of £690 per year (based on a £3 meal deal, approximately £842 before tax and National Insurance deductions)
• 28 days holiday per year
• Most of our settings close between Christmas and New Year – you may never have to work at Christmas again!
• We don’t open on Bank Holidays so you will always be off on those days.
• 25% discount on childcare (more for managers) for your first child when you are at work.
• Lots of great training available – including paediatric first aid, food hygiene, behaviour management, fire marshal, planning, manual handling, Ofsted preparation, Makaton, letters and sounds, forest school, SEND and much more.
• If you attend team meetings, open days, training outside of nursery hours or marketing events you get your time back.
• Strong support structure from your management team including regular meetings.
• No lone working. You will never be alone with children.
• Clear career progression – we actively encourage internal development and advertise all of our positions internally.
• Annual salary progression - Mama Bear's Day Nursery operates pay scales, which staff progress up based on their experience and other qualifying criteria. This is in addition to inflationary adjustments and rewards those that want a career in childcare.
• Get paid up to £100 (prior to tax and NI deductions) for each new person we employ that you recommend to us.